Saturday, September 29, 2012

The no good, goal failing week.

As per my last post, I set out to reach 5000 words on my WIP by the time my husband returned from the field today. It became clear to me Thursday that it wasn't going to happen. I reached a point where I realized I wasn't ready to write this book. That is not to say I'm giving up, I'm just going to try a different method because I'm having trouble piecing together the paranormal details of the WIP (which I realized was why I was writing so slowly). I'm going to try my hand at something more contemporary first. I've been hashing out some broad ideas and characters and I'm going to make sure I take the time to research as thoroughly as I can with the goal to start writing November first, just in time for Nanowrimo. I'm itching to start hashing out the first chapter already, but I don't want to get in the pickle I got in before- I want to be able to follow through and learn from this writing experience. So until November, I will be updating on my outlining progress but will not write a word.  I'm hoping this can help me plant my feat on more solid ground,.

Disappointed but hopeful,
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment